Saturday, January 7, 2012

Works in Progress

I have three (well, four) Christmas gifts that still need to be finished. I was smart and told everyone that they would be late, but I was hoping to get them done today. Totally didn't though. I took a nap instead.
Okay, I took two naps...but the massive work in progress of gestating justifies it in my mind.

My nieces are getting little purses that I'm making using this beautiful motif I first saw on Pinterest:


Wool Eater Instructions


Check out the rest of her blog too...beautiful pictures.

Each little purse will be made of two motifs, and I'm using DK cotton yarn. I have three out of four motifs done and I was planning on taking some pictures of them, because they are pretty, but yeah...I took those naps instead.

My nephew is getting an ant made from my own pattern. I asked my sister what his favorite color was and she said orange and green, which works out *perfectly* because I have a bunch of orange yarn that I don't use for many projects. This little ant will be quite vivid and fantastical, but I think it will be rather nifty.

Lastly I told my mother I would make her some fingerless gloves...and I started them, but I was wanting to try out some modifications to the pattern, and those really haven't worked out so well. I figured mom was going to be the most patient of recipients, so I will revisit those after I get the kiddos stuff done.


No comments:

Post a Comment