Thursday, January 26, 2012

Stash busting!

Not only am I a procrastinator, I'm also a pack rat. The result is I have had yarn in my stash left completely untouched for long enough that the manufacturer has discontinued it. Now, depending on the timing of when I bought this yarn, that actually might not be as bad as it sounds, it's possible I bought it on clearance after they stopped making it...but I know I didn't. I know this because I bought two balls of Lion Boucle about six years ago in hopes of making something for a contest Lion was hosting to promote this yarn....yeah, that didn't happen. It has sat in my yarn box for years, lovely but unused until this last weekend when I rescued it from its unused existence and whipped up a little hat that I just *adore*.
Isn't it fantastic? I love it!
I'll be posting it in my etsy shop as soon as I work up the description and such.  The size is newborn to 3 months and I think it would make a great hat to wear for some super cute baby pics.


Speaking of pictures...why is it that I can never take fantastic pictures of my kids or my projects? I manage decent pictures (most could be better), and the snapshots of the kids are fine....but why, when I'm not trying to do anything but appease a sick three year old who wants a picture of his toy do I end up with something really great?

See? boggles my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment