Saturday, February 4, 2012

Project progress

I've managed to follow through on several projects this week...at the expense of my housework, but I think any crafter would agree that's a fair trade (my husband doesn't seem to agree with me...)

I finished up several baby hats: one to post in my shop, one that I gave to a friend of mine who just had a baby, and one that I'm not sure if I'm going to post in my shop or not. The last one didn't quite turn out the way I wanted it to, but it's in no way bad, just not what I was going for. So I'm on the fence about it.
I also made myself a little sleeve for my new Kindle. I really like how it turned out, but of course right at the end I changed up my stitch pattern just slightly to keep the right side/wrong side looking correct, and I found that I liked the new stitch pattern better than the one I used for the rest of it...much too late to go back and re-do the whole thing. I might make myself another one though.

With those little in-the-moment distractions out of the way (and the fact that my mother is coming to town this week) I will be finishing up those long overdue Christmas gifts this week. I'm such a slacker! Thankfully I just need to sew one seam for my little niece's gift (my other niece's gift is actually done) and make the cuffs for my mother's fingerless mitts. I do however get to completely restart the technicolor ant for my nephew. I had it 2/3s complete when my youngest took some scissors to part of it, and then my three year old son snatched another piece of it, declared it a spider and I haven't seen it since.

Lastly, I would *love* to post some great pictures....but the camera charger has, naturally, disappeared right when I need it. I swear I've seen it all week, but as soon as the battery died I could not find it for the life of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment