Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Oh boy oh boy!

So I'm 6 days away from my due date, and it seems like it's hurry up and wait time. I would be pleased as punch to go into labor ANY DAY BUT TODAY.

It would drive me crazy to have a leap day baby.

My dad, sister, and several co-workers are hoping that the little boy makes his debut today, but unless things happen pretty soon and go pretty quick (and I must say, given the length of my earlier labors it should be pretty quick) it doesn't look like they will be getting their wish.

Thank goodness.

However, as my dad says the day isn't over yet, so I'm taking it easy and not doing terribly much.
I've used the last few days to make a few things for the little fella. I made him a little hat, and then I found this adorable diaper cover pattern on Ravelry last week; I bought it on the spot and actually whipped one out almost right away. I made it first in baby blue with dark blue edging to match the hat, but I wasn't quite feeling it (which is why I just put a white plastic button on it). Yesterday I made another one in solid baby blue and I *love* it, so I decided it was worthy of one of my beloved wooden buttons.


We *do* live in Texas, so as I sit here in my tank top with the windows open and the fans on high I don't really see the little guy wearing the hat much, but I figure I'll get a couple of adorable newborn pictures and be totally happy.


He just needs to get here!

1 comment: