Sunday, April 7, 2013

Bad Blogger pt. 2

Ha! Isn't it great to have two posts in a row about how bad I am at blogging? Yeah, I know, super annoying.
 I see the last post I did was in August...wow. What's been going on since then? I revamped my Teacup Dolls pattern. They are now called Teacup Cuties and I'm really happy with their look now. Most obvious is MUCH better pictures. While I really love the original Boy, the Person and Pink Princess No-No (that's what my kids named those first two dolls) my photography skills have definitely improved since then.



Life is still just as busy. The scheduling at my day job has gone semi-computerized...I say semi because most weeks my boss goes in and fixes it so it's not stupid, but he went on vacation and the computer has some weird ideas as to what constitutes coverage.

This school year is coming close to wrapping up and I'm really looking forward to summer. We never got into a good groove this year and it's been such a pain in the mornings getting all 7 of us out the door on time.

I *am* (finally) working on some new crochet patterns, currently in the works are some Barbie clothes (because let's face it, I have two little girls, what else am I going to make?) and I've re-imagined an unpublished doll pattern of mine and I'm super excited about how it should turn out (once I sit down and work on it!).

The biggest news, which is also the most terrifying, is that we're buying a house!!! We're currently crammed into a MUCH too small apartment that offers no outlet for the kids to run off energy and of course we just have too many people and too much stuff for it to be a practical living space. My grandmother has decided to move to live with my aunt and is going to be selling us her house. I'm really excited because it means that the house my mother grew up in, and the house my siblings and I played in as kids (not to mention where I lived when I first started college) will still be in the family for us to enjoy. There are still details and banking to work out, so it still might all fall through (eek!) so keep us in your thoughts and prayers in the coming months, because we *really* need this to work out.

And shameless plug here: Check out my Etsy shop! With the impending move we're gonna need all the financial oomph we can muster, so why not pop on over and buy a pattern or two? or some baby shoes! Also keep a look out for a big sale when I decide I really really don't want to move all my stock. :-) OH! Also Etsy related: They've added INSTANT DOWNLOADS for digital items like PDF patterns, so no more waiting for me to check my email and send stuff! It's awesome and I love it!

Whoa, this was a long one! I hope it makes up for the internet silence over the (eep) months!

2 comments:

  1. Do you allow anyone to sell items made from your patterns?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, an individual can buy the patterns and sell items made from my patterns. :-)
      Distribution of the patterns for mass production of products as well as sharing the patterns outside of your immediate household is prohibited.

      Delete